Once your account is Certified, you gain access to the projects available on our platform. You will be allocated to projects based on the parameters of your account such as the list of your certified language pairs, verified expert fields, your Translator’s level, availability, etc.
You can find the list of the projects available to you in the Open projects tab on your profile:
Tip: we also recommend enabling our Telegram chatbot and checking your mailbox to receive notifications about available projects.
Before you proceed to the page of the project, you can check the type of the job , the Client  (who the project was opened by), the Language Pair  of the project, the allotted time , the expert field  selected by the client, and the payment  (shown in credits, 1 credit = USD 0.01). Check this article to learn more about credits and base/bonus payment.
It's worth mentioning that the information in the list only covers basic details. Before you decide to start your work on the project, you should also check the full description on the page of the project thoroughly:
Make sure you are able to complete the task according to the instructions provided in the Project Brief and/or Project note, Reference Files, check if the Original Documents (= source files) correspond to the details of the project and the instructions.
Pay extra attention to the word count, language pair, and the payment of the project.
If you see any mismatches, do not start your work on the project and notify us right away by clicking the Dismiss button and specifying the problem:
You can also report the issue or communicate with clients directly using the Discussion board at the bottom of the project page:
To start work on the project click the green Start Project button:
A countdown timer will appear indicating the time remaining before the translation is due:
Our team is also available for any assistance on the go, feel free to drop us a message using the Translators-BLEND talk:
Near the TBT, there's a side menu for exceptional situations:
- If for any reason, you cannot proceed with your work on the project any longer, you can abandon it by clicking the Abandon Project button. This option should only be used in exceptional cases as you will no longer be able to access the project in question after using it.
If the time allocated initially to complete the project is not enough, you may request an extension using the Need more time? button. In return, the client may either approve it or not.
- If after starting a project, you notice that the word count on the project page does not resemble the actual amount of work, let us know by using the Report incorrect word count button.
Important! Until the word count is fixed, translate only the number of words stated on the project page only. BLEND will not compensate for the work done if the word count is not updated by the client.
Other helpful sections on the project page are Drafts and Additional formats section:
- with Drafts you can secure your progress on some big projects or if you would like to share any files with the BLEND Team. This section is not visible to clients.
- Additional formats section is visible for clients and can come in handy for partial translation or any other files you want to share with the client before/after completing the project.
Once you have finished the translation, upload the translated file under the Translation section and sign the project off by clicking the Declare Completed button.
- Accept a project ONLY IF you can start immediately and deliver within the time allocated.
- Read the client's instructions carefully and check all other project parameters (language pair, expertise, etc.)
- Verify the word count before you start. If there is a problem, notify us ASAP.
- Any use of machine translation is strictly forbidden.
- Project deadlines are critical – a late project may be reallocated to another translator to complete. You will not be credited for expired projects that are reallocated to another translator.
- The expertise level of a given project is up to the client to decide. If you do not agree with the chosen expertise level you can simply decline the project.
I am intrested
Please sign in to leave a comment.