Translation volume parameter is the number of words you've translated within a current cycle. After each cycle (30 days), the volume parameter is reset to 0 automatically.
To reach the next level, you should meet the volume target or the Projects delivered parameter. Try to accept as many projects as you can to increase this parameter. If the volume or the projects delivered parameters are the only parameters that are not met, you will not lose a level.
The goal to the next level is different for each level and it also depends on a specific language pair. Languages with a low workflow have a lower target.
Words are added to your dashboard after the project turns to the Completed status.
Projects with special metrics are counted as follows:
- Transcription project - 1 minute = 200 words;
- KYC project - 1 document = 40 words;
- Resume and Certificate project - 1 page = 200 words;
- Title project - 1 title = 20 words.
Translation Volume FAQ:
- Is translation volume guaranteed?
Available translation projects depend on the market demand for your language pair at any given time. The target levels for each tier are not guarantees of available work volume. This is simply a parameter for the number of words/projects you need to translate to reach the next level.
- What if there are not enough available projects for me to meet the required translation volume?
If the required word/project count is not met in a given cycle, the translation level will remain the same.
- What If I am planning to go on vacation and can’t deliver the required volume?
Your translator's level is not affected as long as you marked on your profile that you are on vacation.
- I just signed the project, but my translation volume hasn't changed.
Words are added to your dashboard once the project is officially completed which is typically 4-7 days after the last comment on the project page discussion board or the last file upload.
- Why is my translation volume less than expected?
The translation volume indicator shows the number of words translated in a given 30-day period. To see the total number of words translated by you scroll down to the general dashboard: